This system works best on a PC or a Mac using the CHROME or FIREFOX web browsers.
Please be sure you are using the LATEST VERSION of Chrome or Firefox.
People using Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge or Safari web browsers
have experienced problems! These web browsers are NOT compatible.
Folks using iPhone or iPads with older operating systems have also experienced problems.
please be sure you have the latest IOS available installed.
"Email account already in use"
- You are trying to create an account but you already have an account in the system using that email address. Use your email address to sign into your account. Use the "Forgot your password" prompt if you cannot remember your password.
I had a profile in USGA TM using an old email address. When I try to create a new profile with my new address, I get an error message
- USGA TM will not allow you to create more than one profile using the same GHIN Number, hence the error message.
- You must sign into USGA TM using your old email address and once ilogged into your profile, you will have the ability to change your login to your new email address. The VGA cannot change your email address for you. It must be completed by you.
"No member with GHIN # "XXXXXX". Please retry. "
- You have simply typed in the wrong GHIN #. Please double check that you have the correct number.
- If you are certain you have the correct number, then your handicap is inactive. Please contact your home club to have them activate you in the club's handicap system. The VGA cannot activate your membership at your club. Please be aware that this will not automatically activate you in the GHIN system - GHIN updates handicaps on the 1st and 15th of each month. If your club activates you in the club system on the 4th day of the current month, your handicap will NOT become active in the GHIN system until the next revision date on the 15th of that month.
- If you are certain that you have the correct number AND that you are active in your club's handicap system, then you have not entered enough scores to generate a handicap index. You will know this if your index reads NH. You will need to post a minimum of 5 scores to have the system calculate an index for you. Be aware that the GHIN system will not generate this index until the next revision period following the date you post the required number of scores - whichever date comes first - the 15th of the current month or the 1st of the following month.
What if I cannot contact my club to activate my handicap during the off-season, or I cannot wait until the 1st or 15th of the month for the GHIN revision?
- You can join the Lakeside Golf Club by clicking on the link above. Your Handicap Index will then be activated within a day or two.
"Email is not recognized" or unable to log into my profile with my new email address
- You are trying to log in without having created a profile yet.
- You are not using the email address that you used to create your account. You cannot create a new account with a new email address. Please log into your account with your old email address and once logged you can then update your profile with your new email address.
I am getting an error that says my Handicap Index does need the minumum criteria, and I cannot register for any tournaments
- In order to register for events you must have an active GHIN card and your handicap Index cannot be NH. Go to WWW.GHIN.COM and click on Handicap Lookup. Enter your GHIN # and last name and it will give you an error message if your GHIN # is not active. If your handicap is listed as NH you did not have at least 5 scores posted as of the last revision (15th and last day of month). You must contact your home club to activate your card and then wait until the next revision (1st or 15th of the month). The VGA cannot perform this operation.
I am trying to register myself and 1 (or 2 or 3) other people at the same time but I can't find their names. How can I register them?
- Make sure you have the correct spelling of their name. Narrow your search down to the first 2 or 3 letters of the last name and any names that match will show up and you can select the correct one.
- If you cannot find their names, it means that they have not created a profile in the Membership system yet. Every player MUST have a profile before they can enter or be entered into an event!
I successfully created a profile but now the system won't let me in to register for an event
- Some browsers, have this handy "autofill" feature when storing passwords and personal information. Unfortunately, sometimes it adds a space at the end of whatever it is filling in. If you hit enter with that space included, the system thinks it is part of your username and password, which it isn't, and will therefore reject it!. Makes sure that before hitting enter, there are no spaces after your username or password.
I have successfully created a profile but I cannot register for an event - my credit/debit card keeps getting declined and I know that it is good
- You must enter your credit card billing address when using a card. If your billing address is different than what was entered the card will be declined for security purposes.
I have successfully created a profile and/or registered for an event but am not receiving any confirmation emails from USGA TM
- Log into USGA TM and verify that your email address is correct in the UPDATE page.
- Check your email SPAM Folder. If you find the emails, set your email up to not send these to Spam.
If none of the above applies and you are still having trouble registering, you can send an email by clicking on the Orange HELP button on the right side of the screen. Please include any error message you may receive in order for us to be able to diagnose the problem as quickly as possible.